International Red River Board bi-annual meeting
The International Red River Board invites the public to attend its bi-annual meeting August 28-29, 2018 at the Best Western Premier -The Lodge on Lake Detroit located at 1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes, MN. The IRRB assists the International Joint Commission in preventing and resolving disputes relating to the transboundary waters of the Red River Basin.
The public is invited to listen to discussions among federal, state and provincial agencies, as well as local organizations on August 28 from 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., and on August 29 from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Items for discussion include:
- Updates on activities of the IRRB committees & IJC
- Nutrient management strategy
- Reports from jurisdictions
- Lower Pembina Flooding – Status
- Current trans-boundary water resource issues and activities