REMINDER - The International Joint Commission Welcomes Public Comments on the Lake Champlain-Richelieu River Study Board’s Final Report
The International Joint Commission (IJC) is welcoming public input on the International Lake Champlain-Richelieu River Study Board’s final reportuntil September 30, 2022. The Report investigated the causes, impacts, risks and potential solutions to flooding in the Lake Champlain-Richelieu River basin shared between Quebec, Vermont and New York.
The public is invited to share their views in-person, during a virtual hearing, online, by email or by mail. Details on how to participate are available on the IJC website.
The IJC will consider all comments before submitting its final recommendations to both the Canadian and U.S. governments by the end of 2022.
- In-person hearings will be held on September 7-8 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.:
- September 7: Salle Vanier, Royal Military College Saint-Jean, 15 rue Jacques-Cartier Nord, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec.
- September 8: Hotel Vermont, Juniper Room, 41 Cherry St. Burlington, Vermont.
- Virtual hearings (webinars) will take place on September 14-15 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. To register, visit IJC’s consultation page
- IJC is seeking public comments on the Board’s final study until September 30, 2022.
- IJC consultation page - Lake Champlain-Richelieu River Flood Study Final Report
- Highlights - Lake Champlain-Richelieu River Flood Study Final Report
- Full report - Lake Champlain-Richelieu River Flood Study Final Report
- Video - Recommendations of the International Lake Champlain Richelieu-River Study Board
Christina Chiasson Canadian Section (613) 293-1031 Christina.Chiasson@ijc.org
Kevin Bunch US Section (202) 632-2014 Kevin.Bunch@ijc.org