Since 2010, the governments of Canada and the United States through the IJC’s IWI have invested a total of approximately $10 million. By funding studies, decision-support tools and other work, this investment has provided the capacity to address a number of binational water-related issues.
Key watershed issues are identified by the IJC’s various water management boards. A project proposal that addresses one or more of these issues is then developed by a board and submitted to the Commission for funding support consideration. These projects are reviewed by Commission staff and upon approval are funded.
2019 IWI Project Summaries
- International St. Croix Watershed Board
- Great Lakes - St. Lawrence River
- International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Board
- International Red River Board
- Osoyoos Lake Board of Control